Make your own Sauerkraut!
- Cut a cabbage (approx. 1 kilo) into quarters and remove the tough core and base.
- Cut the cabbage pieces into thin strips and put it in a mixing bowl with the kraut mix.
- Knead the krautmix firmly into the cabbage for a few minutes until moisture is released.
- Place the seasoned cabbage and the natural moisture in the pot in small batches.
- Push the cabbage firmly down until the moisture covers it.
- Open the red cap of the airlock and fill with water until the bulbs are half full.
- Push the lid onto the pot and insert the airlock through the hole in the lid.
- Let the cabbage ferment for 6 to 8 weeks at room temperature, away from direct sunlight.
- Remove the lid from the jar and taste with a clean fork whether the taste is to your liking.
Serve immediately, keep in the fridge with a clean lid or let it ferment further to your optimum taste.
Tip! After use, rinse the glass jar and lids with hot water and dry them. This way you can endlessly reuse the RotPot. Did you know that you can use all sorts of vegetables instead of cabbage?